Description for MAPA Board
Metropolitan Activity Professional Association
of MAPA shall record minutes of all Membership Business meetings,
Board meetings, and will maintain a file of all minutes, by laws,
listing of board members as well as keep a list of proposed change in the
The Secretary is voting
member and elected term length of 2 plus, and may serve multiple terms as
Elections will take place at the Fall Business Meeting. Then a
transition period will take place with the out-going officers.
The transition will
include an orientation of position and transfer of files. Will take full MAPA
before January 1st of the new ‘odd’ membership
The Executive Boards of MAPA and MAPA
- Professional attitude
- Goal minded, keeping the MAPA mission and
objectives upper most in mind
- Good organizational, grammatical,
communication and leadership skills
- Member in good standing of MAPA.
- Work with other Region Six related
- Perform duties and responsibilities of
their position in an ethical manner as relates to the by-laws, policy and job
- Be prepared to give report or address
issues as called upon at MAPA meetings
5 Workshops/Sessions (1/2 & full days)
Approximately _6+_hours per month
- Attend all Executive Board meetings and
- Promote and uphold the By-laws, mission,
goals and objectives of the MAPA organization and provide direction for the
future goals of MAPA.
- Maintain an organizational file of
appropriate documents, minutes, letters and other association information.
- Maintain a current list of all board
members and committee chairpersons.
- Submit appropriate expenses to the
Treasurer for reimbursement. Staying within budget allotment.
- Review and update this job description as
needed at the first Board Meeting of the year.
- Take an active role in the board.
- Submit MAPA articles on time.
- Present a report on current MAPA
activities at Board meeting.
- Prepare minutes for all meetings; send
minutes to all Board members after each meeting in a timely fashion.
- The file of all minutes should be
available at each of the meeting of the Executive Board.
- Perform special projects as requested and
- Prepare an Annual Report (Dates and times
of board and business meetings) to be submitted at the year-end board meeting,
with a copy to the President.
and Approved by MAPA Board