Wed, Sep 06|
MAPA Fall Session
AM session topic: "The Caregiver's Guide to Communicating with Persons Who Have Hearing Loss" PM session topic: "The Older Body is a Great Read" Reserve your space now and earn up to 4 CEUs!
Time & Location
Sep 06, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Marvella, 825 Mount Curve Blvd, St Paul, MN 55116, USA
About the Event
9:00AM - 9:30 AM: Registration and Networking
9:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Education Session- 2 CEU’s
Topic: "The Caregiver's Guide to Communicating with Persons Who Have Hearing Loss"
Speaker: Melissa Schroeder
- How Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Division can help
- The impacts of untreated hearing loss on health
- Identify types of assistive technology
- Communication strategies
- Access to Communication accommodations
11:30AM-12:30PM: Luncheon, Tour, and Membership Meeting
12:30PM-2:30PM: Education Session- 2 CEU’s
Topic: "The Older Body is a Great Read"
Speaker: Pat Samples
- Recognize the older body as an untapped resource for personal discovery and creative expression
- Able to design at lest two body awareness activities suitable for older clientele
2:30PM-3:30PM: Board Meeting
This MAPA is a members-only event. If you're already a member, sign in and register now - this session is free with your membership!
If you're not a member yet, annual memberships are $25 per person.. join today!
This session is exclusive to MAPA members. If you're not a member yet, join us today!$0.00